IAFOR seeks to reward both professional documentarians as well as the young and up-and-coming moviemakers of the world. Once again, we will be focusing solely on documentary movies and have designed a competition to encompass as much of the craft as possible. One winner will be selected for each category of the competition (categories listed below)*.
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive a cash prize of $1,000 USD.
- Tentacle Sync Standard Set and cables
- Winners will receive a mentorship and critique session with three-time Emmy-award winner, Professor Gary E. Swanson.
- Winners will receive an invitation to an upcoming IAFOR Film or Media Conference in Asia, Europe, or North America. The invitation includes a waiver of registration fees, a conference dinner, and a seat on the pre and post-conference tours. (Accommodation and airfare are not included.)
The winners of the competition will be announced at The Asian Conference on Film & Documentary (FilmAsia) and The Asian Conference on Media & Mass Communication (MediAsia) conferences, held in Kobe, Japan.
*IAFOR Documentary Film Award reserves the right not to select a winner if there are no entries in a category that the judging panel feels worthy of awarding a prize.
Anyone currently enrolled in an educational institute as a student or under the age of 30 will be considered a “Newcomer”. All other entries will be considered “Professional”. Please note your choice of category in your submission details.
There are three formats you can enter based on run-times (total run time includes titles and credits): Mini-Documentary: under 20 minutes, Short Documentary: between 20 and 60 minutes, and Feature-Length Documentary: over 60 minutes.
- Professional Mini-Documentary
- Professional Short Documentary
- Professional Feature Documentary
- Newcomer Mini-Documentary
- Newcomer Short Documentary
- Newcomer Feature Documentary